William Seitshiro

"I HAVE LEARNED THAT RELIGIOSITY COMES IN THE PICTURE WHEN MINISTERS OF THE WORD BEGIN TO SUPER IMPOSE RELIGIOUS VIEWS UPON PEOPLE. FORCING THEM TO FAST, PRAY, EAT OR DRINK WHAT THEY (MINISTERS OF THE WORD) BELIEVE IS GOOD AND ETC. WHILE GOD CALLED US TO TEACH AND EQUIP THE SAINTS. IN SO SAYING KNOWING THE WILL OF GOD IS IMPERATIVE." (His will your Way)

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Homosexual PEOPLE IN THE CHURCH

I have had a privilege of speaking with a couple of
friends of mine about the subject of homosexual  people in the
church and some say they have to leave the
church and others say they are people of God that just
demon possessed,  others are afraid to touch the topic.

There is a saying curiosity killed the cat, I thank God that
we are not cats  but I have a question for you
today and I would  appreciate your total honesty,
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT HOMOSEXUAL FOLKS
 IN THE CHURCH (THE BODY OF CHRIST)?
I GUESS WHAT I AM ASKING IS, CAN A HOMOSEXUAL PERSON GET
SAVED? ARE THEY REALLY DEMON POSSESSED?

NB
I would appreciate it if you shared stories of your own, let’s
be open as possible.

I have a couple of friends which I love dearly which are homosexual
they do not live lives like they are afraid people will see them
they are as free as they want to be, they pray, they fast,
they also play big roles in the church, they are loving people
and are respected and trusted by fellow brothers
 and sisters in the church, the only thing they  do not
like is felling like people are condemning them,
people are looking at them like they are animals and
different.

They acknowledge that I am a pastor I do speak
blessings upon them and pray for them every time
actually I consider it a blessing to have met
them. My worry is not centred around
their sexuality but the church. I have made
my research and I found out that there are
many homosexual people who committed suicide because
the church made them feel like they are not
accepted.

A close friend of mine once asked me a question,
what is the difference between a Christian who
smokes, abuses his family, lives a sexual immoral life?
not to say that we are sinning but why are we
considered the worst sinners than others?”

Another Lesbian friend of mine once said to me,
I once went to my Pastor and confessed that I am
lesbian and I thought he would pray for me,
instead he preached about me on Sunday but
I was not discouraged I kept on going to church even
when people looked at me badly, it was as
If he didn’t want me to come to church anymore
but I kept praying and living my life and what
Kept ne strong was prayer and reading the word Of God”.

I have another friend who wanted to commit suicide
when I asked why? He responded “my father is a pastor,
i came out and I told her about my sexuality and she responded
by shouting at me and telling other people, my siblings do not
look at me the way they used to because I like how I live”,
he plays a crucial role at his father’s church and loves his father
dearly but he cannot change who he is.


Dear saints

I have realized how much religiosity have destroyed relationships, we have become like the old Roman Catholic Church that has killed more Christians than the enemies of Christianity. I write this article as a question, wanting to understand how the church should go about understating that when a sinner gets saved, it takes a while to let go of bad habits, yet do we encourage them ore just cast them aside by condemning them and rejecting who they are?

There is a group called the anaBaptists they believe “Sin is a deification of one self and the dethronement of God”. This simply means that God when we sin we are telling God that we are not going to take his laws, rules, and his grace simply because it’s not good enough for us, therefore we want to be our own god. I want to break down sinning to judging other people Paul says “For this reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God’s judgement seat. It is written: ‘as surely as I live’, says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me, every tongue will confess to God.’ so then, each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother’s way.”

When we judge don’t we take God off the throne and place ourselves there? When we Judge don’t we tell God that he is unworthy to rule over all his creation and only we are? Then why are we judging homosexual people? Why don’t we give them time to grow and know Jesus and the word more and if they do not change then we leave them to live their lives because at the end of the day we are no worthy to play god and judge.

NB
After all God is the Judge, hence the Paul says “This will take place on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares” Romans 2:16





PLEASE DO RESPOND BY COMENTING ON THE POST OR BY SENDING ME AN INBOX ON MY FACEBOOK WILLIAM ‘LEHLOHONOLO’ SEITSHIRO


No comments:

Post a Comment